[at-l] REXX and the 1997 data book.

> SANDY@mayo.edu wrote:
> >

> > ME to GA '97  (REXX says leaving in 3,662 hours and 5 minutes )
> >
> Sandy, who is REXX????
>
> Bob
Since a number of people have asked this I will answer here.
(I was kinda waiting to see how many computer types would answer.

***BUT, First, the 1997 ATC Data books are here YEAAA !!!!!!
the trail length for 1997 is listed at 2160.2 , a little longer
than this year. Now the search begins to find all the relocations.
***
REXX is not a who, but a what. REXX is a computer language
(Restructured Extended Executor Language ) that I simply
wrote a program in that queries the system clock and calculates
how long we have to go. To make it a little more interesting
it gives me the time remaining in different formats daily,
one day in months and days, another just days, another hours and
minutes. For the old time computer geeks, it is running under VM
(uhhhhh yes people do still use it ). Since this program is giving
me data that I really want, I decided it deserved a name, thus Rexx
was born, and he very politely reminds me daily that our thru-hike is
getting closer to reality everyday.

Sandy and Alison
"The Smiths"
ME to GA '97 (REXX says leaving in 3,655 hours and 38 minutes )