[at-l] Knees, again (a new twist!)

Well, here I was worried about my knee pops and doc says no problem. And
then I get a call a couple days ago...my little sister, who intends to join
me in a thru-hike, managed to dislocate her knee. She's in Greece, where
medicine and physical therapy isn't quite up to par with US standards. She
was told that her knee will keep slipping out of place for life and she'll
have to learn to "put it back" ... and when I called her last night, the
first thing she said was "well, I'm glad this happened here and not in the
100 Mile Wilderness!" But she's worried it'll pop out while she's hiking.

Just wondering if any of you have dealt with "after the accident"
dislocations on the trail. I'd like to allay her fears. And I will recommend
Lekis. <G> Oh, and recommendations of what to do for her self-guided
physical therapy are quite welcome. Pity she's not on the 'net.

Thanks,
Sandy
---Sandra Downs 	<downs@nb.net>
---Pittsburgh, PA       Visit Cyberwall! http://www.nb.net/~downs/