Re: [at-l] Favorite Books

Alisa;

I saw your post about the Krakuaer book.  It is one that I give to friends as
a gift.  This story has haunted me since I first read about it over the AP
wire and then Krakauer's cover story for Outside.  I was sitting in a post
office in Yellowstone when I first heard of the young man who's body was
found in Alaska, and was on the beach in Lanai,HI when I read the Outside
article.  I lived one Summer near Healy, AK and hiked out on the Stampede
Trail in June to  share a toast to Alex with my brother.  Funny how the
people we should not necessarily emulate, can still inspire us.

As Don McClean sang "I could have told you Vincent, this world was never
meant for one as beautiful as you".

Horus