[at-l] Peaceful Co habitation

Kahley wrote:

> After reading the mail lately, I'd like to introduce those of you who
> don't know of it's existance, to rec.backcountry.

> _Unlike_ the AT-L list, people on rec.backcountry revel in pissing each
> other off.  The flame wars there are legend and most of the time quite
> fun or at least interesting.

Yea, hunting threads on rec.backcountry are like the energizer bunny.

> I hope the above acts as a gentle hint for all of us to moderate the
> tone of of our posts and try and maintain the civility that I have come
> to appreciate on the AT-L.

I'm not against a spirited discussion in the list, just avoid the personal
insults and demeaning tone.  These issues are critical to the survival of
the Trail and the back country.  We should not avoid them just because they
are emotionally charged.  Discussing them on rec.backcountry is a waste of
time and bandwidth (though humorous and enjoyable at the same time).

> In many ways, this list is unique, in that aspect, in the jungle of the
> internet.

The internet is like mining.  Most of what you find isn't worth a whole lot,
but occasionally you find a gem like this list.

> And for you who, like me, enjoy a good verbal fist fight....see you on
> rec.backcountry!

I might do a little sparring with you over there.  I just hope Muskie doesn't
find out about this list.

                                  -Tom