97 day Thru-hike

Hello everyone,

	Glad to be back!  I went to a information session for 4 week
backpacking school at my school and met a man named Miller Templeton.  He
is a senior trip leader for ORGT(Outdoor Recreation at Georgia Tech) and has
thru hiked several times.  He seemed like a very adventuresome man who
really enjoyed challenging his students to the very limit.  This summer he is
leading a group of Tech students on a thru hike on the AT.  His plan is to
finish in 97 days.  Wow!  I think the trip is way out of my league, and
even if I could do it physically I don't think I would want to.  I figure
including travel time and all that would be about 24 miles a day!  That
doesn't leave much time to sit around and smell the roses or watch the
sunset.  I am interested in what you guys who have thru hiked before think
about this.

Thanks for bringing the list back up Ryan.

James Bigler                           Chemical Engineering Undergraduate
email: gt8054b@prism.gatech.edu
internet: http://www.prism.gatech.edu/~jb182

"I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything
specifically."--Steven Wright