Raichle Spirit II's

Has anyone on the list worn Raichle Spirit II's from REI?  I know, I know,
people's feet and experiences are going to differ, but I still want to get
people's opinions.

I tried on a pair yesterday (on sale!) and walked around the store with them on
and was pleased with them.  The salesman told me that they were heavy enough to
wear for a week or two at a time, but when I got home and checked the REI
catalog, it recommended the same boot for only 2-4 days at a time.  I'll be
doing only some weekend hiking for now (and I have to drive to Houston to do
that!) but hope to do maybe a week or two on the AT next summer, if I can.  I
want to plan for the future and buy a medium-weight boot that I CAN wear if the
opportunity does present itself next summer to do some longer hiking.  I don't
want the boots to fall apart after 4 days on the trail, though.  I'm just
concerned that the salesman was just gunning for some commission out of me by
telling me they'd work for a few weeks!

I've searched the net for info or gear reviews without much luck.  I did find
the Raichle home page, but considering the company is located in Switzerland
and English is my one and only language, it didn't do me much good!  Has anyone
had any experience with these boots?  Feel free to respond to me directly if
you want, to keep list traffic down.  Thanks, everyone!

-Janet