Re: [AT-L] curious about contacts

I found that _daily wear disposable_ contacts worked just fine this summer
on my latest long section hike.

Virtually the only thing I had to go out of my way to do was to wash my
hands each morning to insert a new pair. This never was a problem.

They have some other advantages, namely -
	- if you lose one, so what?
	- no real need for fluids of any kind, 'though I carried wetting
drops just in case they felt dry. They never did.
	- they're light, even a bunch of them. I put ten pairs or so in
each mail drop.
	- new lenses every day means cleaner lenses, less irritation.

I honestly can't think of any disadvantages, unless it's cost. I don't
like to sleep with contacts in, so I wouldn't consider any other kind.

Cost, BTW, is about $180 per pair.

- Jim