snowshoes

There was a good 2 inches of snow in the Whites this weekend.  Therefore...

I'm looking for some expertise about snowshoes.  Never had 'em, never wanted
'em...not sure what I'd do with 'em.  So what do y'all know about brands,
styles, etc.?  I'm definitely price-sensitive...need to stay under $180.
What kind of special stuff will I need to affix them to my pack or is there
something else you do with them when you're not wearing them?  Looking to do
some 2-3 day weekend adventures this winter.

(Did you read that Zach...snowshoes!  Can you believe it???  Winternetters
beware!)

Thanks in advance for what I'm sure will be a plethora of great advice!

Poohbear
Jennifer Delia Sawyer		|	"Be the best you can be
Hall Director			|	in the place that you are;
Department of Residential Life		|	and be kind.
University of New Hampshire		|	Kind to yourself,
Durham, NH  03824		|	Kind to others and
(603) 862-3812			|	Kind to the land."
jdsawyer@hopper.unh.edu		|		-- Helen Neering