General Survey and FAQ

Good morning!

Well, here's a new one. I hope everyone doesn't get annoyed at me for the
survey bit. I'd like to bounce another idea off the group.

I maintain various FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions) documents at work on
our internal web servers and thought perhaps we could do one here as well.
Seems like this topic came up last year but couldn't find any references
in my saved mail.

With the number of new members being added, and the '97 season
approaching, we could start with a comprehensive survey of the current
members. This would cover all the essentials, pack, tent, bag, stove,
boots, etc. This would get the thing rolling.

We could put Jim Loudon's excellent pack fitting article in there.
References to other web pages containing thru-hiker experiences and
journals. Lot's of things.

This would be our FAQ, and could be updated and posted back to the list
each month. I could also post it on my one of my web servers in HTML
format. I'll bet the Frank and Victoria would even contribute <hint>.

So what do you think? It would provide an excellent introduction to the
list for new members as well as preserve some of the wonderful
information each member is already providing.

Send your comments to me direct, or to the list. I will monitor this for
a couple of weeks before putting together a summary. If you didn't
already notice, I'm volunteering to draft and maintain the first one.
If you think it's a bad idea tell me that as well.

One foot in front of the other...

Milt

			Milt Webb, IQ Software Corp.

		Some people drink from the fountain of life,
			while others just rinse and spit.
			       -- anonymous

Follow-Ups: References: