Re: [AT-L] Pack Survey

At 02:01 PM 10/11/96 -0500, you wrote:
>Lew & Catherine Middaugh wrote:
>>
>> >Good morning all!
>> >
>> >I'd like to get a quick surver of packs used by the ladies out there. My
>> >girlfriend, who is 5'3" would like to get a new pack. She's currently
>> >using an REI Rising Star which is a smallish internal frame pack. It has
>
>I am currently using a Kelty Yukon. It's an external frame for smaller
>women and bigger kids. It's pretty good - it's only 3,100 cu in, but I
>can still cram alot into it. The only thing I don't like is the padding
>on the hipbelt. It's not all that cushy and the material is kind of
>slick, so it always manages to slide down. I'm looking into other packs
>now - probably in the 4500 cu in range. Don't know if I want an internal
>or not, tho.
>
>--
>Diana ^(raven)^ : http://www.geckoworld.com/~raven
>gothcode2.5 : GoHu6GD$ TmoGl c[P](DBR)s4 PSaSt M3 Z!!Go
>C6o a24- b64 H168 g5L w5 r7P h3 s10 k6 Rm SrNn N1292 LusDC
>• Does killing time harm eternity? •

You might want to look at the Dana Alpine.  My wife used it and she is 5'1".
Make sure you have someone fit you who knows what they're doing.  My wife
put up with a shoulder harness that was too small without really realizing
it until her back started bothering her.   A Dana rep at Trail Days
straightened that problem out.

Mark
Mark and Janet Holmes (GA-Me '95)
Fox Hill Inn - Innkeepers
VA 16
Troutdale,VA  ( 4 miles from Dickey Gap on the AT)
AT Hiker stopping point in the Grayson Highlands!
540-677-3313 or 1-800-874-3313 (for reservations)
email - mholmes@netva.com