Zamberlan Levante boots

I don't think this got posted due to the weirdness of this list the last
couple of days.
Over the weekend I bought a pair of Zamberlan Levante boots.  Anyone have any
experience with Zamberlan?  Out of about 8 boots, it was the only one that
fit my foot.  It is my first all leather boot.  It comes from Italy.  The
only problem so far with breaking it in is that it is chafing me around my
ankles or just below the cuff of the boot.  I sure hope I can break it is
fairly good by the 19th as we are taking a few days off to go hiking then.
 Any quick break-in suggestions besides wearing them everywhere that I can.
 I'd wear them to work, but a woman in the office with dress clothes and
hiking boots could cause some weird looks!  So I put them on the minute I get
home and wear them the rest of the day.

Alice
IL Fltlndr