NOLS courses

Hello everybody,
I posted this on Monday but I don't think it made it thru.  Anyways, I
was wondering if anyone on the list has participated in a NOLS or
considered one.  I am interested in what they teach but I can't quite get
over the cost of the courses ($80-$90/day).  For one of their month-long
courses, you could practically hike the entire AT and spend six months
doing it.  Obviously, you don't get the same kind of instruction as you
might on the NOLS course but can you get that in another course (Needles
has talked about teaching LNT; maybe this is another avenue).

Are there any thru-hiker/NOLS alumni out there for input?  Or has anyone
else considered this?  Thanks,
Jason