NOLS or AT

Hello everyone,
This talk of LNT got me thinking about NOLS (National Outdoor Leadership
School) courses.  I was wondering what other members of this list think
about those courses.  Are they worth the money?  I mean for the amount of
money it costs to go on one of their month-long courses, you could hike
the entire AT.  I am interested in getting into outdoor education so
their courses are appealing but . . .

Are there any thru-hikers/NOLS alumni out there?  Or has anyone else
considered a NOLS course?  Just wondering.  Later,
Jason