Re: [AT-L] Zamberlan Levante GT boots

>Just brought home a pair of Zamerlan Levante hiking boots. [snip]
>Any good "breaking in" advise, as this is my first all leather pair.  I hope
>to use them in about 2 weeks for a 4-5 day hike.

I bought a pair on sale a few months ago.  They also fit my amazingly wide
feet very well right out the box.  So far, I have been very happy with them
except that the rignt heel cup is extremely stiff, and seems a little
low-cut relative to the size of the boot (womens's 9).  I have blisters on
the upper edge of my heel after only a few hours, so I haven't put a lot of
big miles on them yet.

Also, mine are nubuck leather, and I messed up when applying the liquid
water-proofing.  The instructions say to thoroughly wet the leather before
applying the liquid.  Since I (in genius mode, here) thought that sounded
too goofy I didn't.  And of course, there are big patches now where the
treatment didn't penetrate.  So, I'm waiting for it to wear off and redo
the boots properly.

Regards,
Catherine

Lew and Catherine Middaugh