intro

Just a note to introduce myself. My name is Bill Lockhart, I have never
hiked on the Appalachian Trail (I refuse to use the abbrievated name until I
hiked part of it).  But, I plan to fix that oversite with a thru-hike
starting in May '97.  If any past thru-hikers are living near Carbondale IL
drop me a line, I'd like to meet somebody face to face to talk about the
trail.  Also if anyone knows where I can get info (book, website, whatever)
on exercises I can do to lessen the possibility of injury: knees, back,
feet, ankles, etc., let me know.

Thanx,
Bill