Re: [AT-L] Re: SAT and the AT

> >> Christina,

Here's a good one for a math person...

3 thru hikers check into a hotel.  The room costs $30, each hiker gave the clerk
$10.  The clerk discovers that the room was actually only $25, so he
gives the bellhop 5 one dollar bills to return to the hikers.  The bell
hop can't figure out how to split the 5 bills evenly, so he keeps 2 of
the dollar bills ($2) and return three dollars to the weary hikers.  (one
dollar to each hiker)

This means each hiker has paid only $9 ($10 - $1=$9)
3 men x $9 = $27
bellhop kept $2

$27 + $2 = $29

What happened to the other dollar ????????????????

P.S.  I don't know either and it is making me crazy ........

Rich Scanlon
"Popster"