Re: [AT-L] Sealers of all sorts

Jason wrote:
<snip...>

>On a similar note, I was wondering which type of boot treatment people on
>the list have used and had good/bad experiences with.

Jason,

Can't help you with the sealer (I use whatever I can find) but as far as
boot treatment, it depends on what the material of your boot is. Mine are
all leather Asolo's. The outfitter, whom I trust, recommended 3 coats of
aqueous Nikwax, then a coat of BiWell. I used that combination on two hikes
involving snow, slush, and rain, and my feet were always dry. I used to use
Sno Seal on older boots and never had a problem with that either. As most
long distance hikers can tell you, on long hikes, your feet eventually get
wet as the treatment wears off.

Peter H. Fornof
athiker@plantnet.com
broknspoke@aol.com