Re: [AT-L] Re: [AT-L] Sealers of all sorts

Martha Montague wrote:

> Hi! I have Raichle spirits, which have full-grain nubuck leather
> uppers. The sealer that was recommended to me when I bought them at
> REI was something called Biwell Red. It's worked really well for the
> past 4 years. I just looked at my most recent REI catalog, and at the
> bottom of their chart all about the boots they sell it says which
> types of treatments are best for which boots. Sno-seal isn't on their
> list of treatments they recommend, and I have also heard myself from
> various peple that it's not the best thing out there. One other thing
> I recommend is saddle soap. You can buy it at most shoe stores and it
> helps in both keeping the leather clean and supple. I hope that helps!
>
>                                         -Martha Montague
>                                          ME -> GA '98

If I recall, isn't the Biwell a fish oil product, or maybe its one of
the others.  Some have a beeswax base.  So the bears will eat you
because they think you smell like a beehive full of honey, or a salmon.
Worse yet, what does a bear think when he smells that 200 lb goose in
your tent at night (for those of us with down bags)???   :-))))

DP...