Re: Sealers of all sorts

Along the lines of this Sealer thread, here's a similar problem I've run into:

I've had a pair of Sundowners for only about two months and have hiked
several times in them.  I've gotten them so scuffed up in the toe area that
spots of the brown leather have peeled away to reveal what looks like a
beige underlayer of leather, the same color of the Goretex sock liner,
although it doesn't appear to be the liner itself.  Is there any way to
restore/protect the rest of the boot tip to prevent further peeling of the
leather?

Nancy

Nancy Marth
Dept. of Spatial Information Science and Engineering
National Center for Geographic Information and Analysis
University of Maine
250 Boardman Hall
Orono, Maine 04469
Ph: 207-581-2135