RE: thanks Ryan, and a question for all

In message Thu, 3 Oct 1996 16:19:28 -0500 (CDT),
  "Richard S. Lubitz" <lubitz@alpha.fdu.edu>  writes:

> Frank Wrote:
>
> If a hole is required, wouldn't it be more fun and less expensive to use
> them for target practice?
>
> --  Frank     reid@indiana.edu
>

> I would think that the metal in the cannisters (steel) is too thick for
> small bore rounds and would create a richochet problem.  MIne como out of
> the stove with a small hole.  I smash them and my town recycled steel.
>
> Rich Lubitz

.22LR punctures them nicely.  I once found a rusty old one in the woods,
set it on a stump and shot it.  It turned out to be full!  It took off
like a rocket and when it came down it was covered with frost.  No
explosion, unlike Clint Eastwood's Hollywood nuclear dynamite.

--

Frank     reid@indiana.edu