Re: [AT-L] RE: [AT-L] Re: [AT-L] thanks Ryan, and a question for all

> In message Thu, 3 Oct 1996 10:29:19 -0500 (CDT),
>   Milt Webb <milt@iqsc.com>  writes:
>
> > On Thu, 3 Oct 1996, Sharon Sharpe wrote:
> >

> >>   Now a question.... I have a Gaz stove which uses those little
> >>   cartridges.  I now have 2 of these empty cartridges and just can't
> >>   quite bring myself to toss them in the trash.  What does one do
> >>   with these things???  Since they still seem to have something in them,
> >>   but not enough to light, can they be recycled like a tin can?? or
> >>   should they be tossed out??  Should I use them as unique decorative
> >>   items around the house????  Any Ideas would be appreciated.
> >>

> > There's a small blurb in Backpacker this month about this. Someone has
> > built a recycling machine that punctures all types of small propane
> > bottles rendering them safe to be recycled with other metals.
> >
> > So save them and encourage your local recycler, or outfitter to get one
> > of these. It also said that interest groups might seek sponsorships from
> > corporations etc. to buy one of these. I think cost was about $500.
>

> If a hole is required, wouldn't it be more fun and less expensive to use
> them for target practice?
>
> --  Frank     reid@indiana.edu

I don't know about that Frank.  It seems to me that with the residue of
gas left in the canisters any sparks (say from a bullet/pellet hitting
the metal) might cause a minor explosion.  Just a thought.  Later,
Jason

Follow-Ups: References: