New

        Just thought I'd introduce myself and also ask for advice. My name
is Mark Moore and though I used to go camping I've never backpacked. I spent
two weeks in Europe once, carring a pack, but did not have to worry about
the necessities such as food, shelter, and sleeping bag. So much for my
experience.  Anyway, I've decided that to start backpacking and plan for a
trip to the AT during the summer. I could use some suggestions such as books
or other internet sites that would help me to prepare myself for the trip. I
think if I prepare correctly and start slow, I will enjoy backpacking to the
point of continuing it for a long time (I go hiking frequently in state
parks in Indiana). So any help on food, clothing, how and what to pack, and
training would be helpful.

Thanks,

Mark
rlmoore@iquest.com