Re: scouts

Sally, you are RIGHT ON target!

My daughter had ONE exposure to girl scouts, many years ago -- an
overnight trip to a Girl Scout camp, an introductory, which was intended
to attract new members.

Never could understand why she didn't take to it, because she LOVES the
outdoors and the camping trips we take as a family.  She didn't want
anything more to do with Girl Scouts, though, after that one experience.
She couldn't explain anything, except she didn't like it.  Said they just
sat around in a circle on the cabin floor and played games.  Now she is
away at college -- and has joined an outdoor club there.

Any women who can help bring the FUN of the outdoors to girl scouts
should be encouraged to do so.  If the leaders don't appreciate the
OUTDOORS, it's hard to transfer that appreciation to the Scouts.  The
Scouting movement has tremendous potential, but the KEY is the individual
leaders.

Regards,
Barrie Brozenske
brozenske@juno.com
Ask me about Juno FREE email software and 800# FREE email service!