Re: [AT-L] Sticks and ankles

At 09:14 AM 9/25/96 -0500, you wrote:
>Gotta question from an old thread: Exactly how do walking sticks/ski
>poles help with ankles and knees? I don't put that much weight on my
>sticks...(But, I got bad knees and ankles)
>

>Felix

Felix,

Actually, that is a good question.  I used two sticks and they were great
for balance, but I can't really say they helped my knees a lot on downhills.
If you put that much pressure on your arms trying to keep pressure off your
knees, it would seem to me that then you would have arm problems!

Mark

Mark and Janet Holmes
Full Moon and Celestial Spirit (Ga-Me '95)
Fox Hill Inn - Innkeepers
VA 16
Troutdale,VA  ( 4 miles from Dickey Gap on the AT)
AT Hiker stopping point in the Grayson Highlands!
540-677-3313 or 1-800-874-3313 (for reservations)
email - mholmes@netva.com