Re: [AT-L] RE: First Aid/CPR course

<< I've seen a professional traction-splint (used for femur fracture) which
is
 essentially a 3-section aluminum tent pole and a handful of nylon webbing,
 elastic and velcro.  It costs $80 but you could build your own with $5
 worth of materials. >>

That's such a good point.  A little imagination is all it takes.  Personally,
I'd like to get my EMT certification, but due to overprotective parents
(don't ask), I can't.  I've got the CPR thing down, and certified.  Glad I've
never had to use it, but it's still a good thing to know, as you never know
when it will be needed.  A word from the wise (and experience):  If you're
allergic to bees, make sure that you've got your epi in easy-access, and make
sure that your hiking buddies also know where it is.  ---Kristin