Levi Long - Bastian

At 10:03 AM 9/27/96 -0500, you wrote:
>Mike -
>I was under the impression that Levi had closed down - but I
>could be wrong.  We haven't been back to that section since 92
>although we'd like to do some more hiking there.  If he's still
>open to thruhikers, its a super place to stop - not fancy, but
>friendly.  And lots of character(s).
>
>Walk softly,
>Jim

My wife and I stopped in Bastian for a mail p/u on our thru-hike in '95 and
caught a ride back to the trail with Levi.  Unfortunately, the restaurant is
closed.  Levi's health kind of caught up to him and the health dept. wanted
them to make a much of improvements and they couldn't afford it.  As I
understand, they may still play music there on Sundays. A sorry thing - I
understand it was a neat place to visit.

Mark and Janet Holmes
Full Moon and Celestial Spirit (Ga-Me '95)
Fox Hill Inn - Innkeepers
VA 16
Troutdale,VA  ( 4 miles from Dickey Gap on the AT)
AT Hiker stopping point in the Grayson Highlands!
540-677-3313 or 1-800-874-3313 (for reservations)
email - mholmes@netva.com