Dehydrating chicken?

Charlie Thorpe wrote:
>I just dry the meat (I only do the "white" meats...fish and fowl) until
>it can get no crunchier.  I usually give it at least 24 hours and

I didn't know you could successfully dry chicken, and I've
never before heard of anyone drying fish!

I had always heard that chicken's texture came out so
badly when rehydrated that it wasn't worth the effort.
Charlie, do you have some secrets or does it really come
out fairly palatable using normal dehydrating techniques?
Do you season the chicken before dehydrating?  What about
the fish?  What kinds do you typically dry and do you apply
spices, lemon juice, etc. before drying or after?

Rachel DuBois
rmarkham@vnet.ibm.com