RE: [AT-L] Dehydrator on overnite?

>>wondering if any of you who own dehydrators stat drying you food
at night.

I've only tried dehydrating twice, both times overnight with no
bad effects, ie. the house didn't burn down <VBG>.  I must admit
that has been a concern with me also.  I would hesitate to dry when
I'm not at home.  When using the dehydrator, I set it on a glass
cutting board, but the bottom didn't seem to get too hot anyway.
I just relied on my smoke detector to alert me to any middle of
the night problems.  Actually it seems to me that many things
take 6-8 hours in my dehydrator, so a rainy day or a packing
bonanza might be a good time for dehydrating.

Chris Smith
smithc@cvax.ipfw.indiana.edu