the sweetwater/hiker debate

hi all--
it's been a while...i've been quiet but listening nonetheless.
this is a little late but i thought i'd add my .02 on the filter debate that
was raging a couple of weeks ago.

i've used both the hiker and SW pretty intensively this summer and feel
qualified to have an opinion on both.  hands down the hiker beats the SW--the
sweetwater clogged repeatedly on both my mom and i (we switched filters back
and forth), it is annoying to have to put the handle together with those
little pieces, especially with frozen hands, and finally, the hiker is much
faster on output.  the prefilter design is intelligent civilization at its
best.  go with the pur.

fwiw...
alisa 'pooombah'
ga-->me '97