Re: [AT-L] Dehydrator on overnite?

At 09:56 AM 9/26/96 -0500, you wrote:
>Hey all;
>        I was wondering if any of you who own dehydrators start drying your
>food at night right before you go to bed and let it run overnight?  Would
>there be some sort of considerable fire hazard risk even if it were left in
>the proper spot in the kitchen or wherever (away from anything flammable)?
>Just wondering, since 12 hours is an awkward amount of time to work with
>since I have to start first thing in the morning.....
>
>Thanks!
>Cindi

Cindi,
        We ran ours throughout the night without any problem and we
dehydrated quite a bit of stuff for our thru-hike.

Mark and Janet Holmes
Full Moon and Celestial Spirit (Ga-Me '95)
Fox Hill Inn - Innkeepers
VA 16
Troutdale,VA  ( 4 miles from Dickey Gap on the AT)
AT Hiker stopping point in the Grayson Highlands!
540-677-3313 or 1-800-874-3313 (for reservations)
email - mholmes@netva.com