Hike in Central VA

  Hello all!  I just returned from a 2-week hike in central Virginia made
all the more interesting thanks to Hurricane Fran.  What a GREAT hike!
Met some great folks, experienced a lot of Trail Magic, and just had a
wonderful time.  I covered the section from Catawba to the Tye River
(the original plan had been to shoot for Rockfish Gap, but the storm
caused me to hole up in a shelter on two different occasions and I lost
another day when I got to Jellystone Campground and discovered that
Fran had knocked out their water and electricity, so I lost another day
heading into Buena Vista for the too-long delayed laundry and shower
stop.  My feet didn't mind too much :-)  It was a
'reintriduce-myself-to-the-Trail-after-too-many-years-standed-in-the-flat-Midwest' kinda trip
and it has convinced me to go ahead with my plans to do Maine-Georgia in
June.
   I just resubscribed to this list today, and was wondering if anyone
had heard anything about a hiker that wnet missing during the storm in
Shenandoah NP?  I apologize if this has already been discussed, but I
don't have a clue as to how to access the archives for this list.  Thanks!

Roy "Jack-In-The-Green" McCullough