[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: new toy!

On Wed, 25 Sep 1996 01:21:11 -0500 (CDT) the "Gear Weenie" :-) 
<jm1360@cnsvax.albany.edu> writes:
>I have been wondering about those - can you use regular
>film in those or does it have to be special (what about if
>you just want to take regular pictures, can you use regular
>film then?) I assume it requires special processing, too -
>do you have to send it out to a lab for that.

The film is "regular" in the classic sense, but it's contained
in a special cartridge and has a magnetic strip running down
one side.  The magnetic strip is there to record exposure
information from the camera.  New processing machines are
required to process the stuff; it's likely that your neighborhood
one-hour lab doesn't have the equipment to handle APS yet.

APS cameras won't accept 135 (35mm) cartriges, they'll only
accept APS cartridges.

I've seen the ELPH...it's a little jewel of a camera.

The APS flame fest is heating up again on one of the photography
lists.  Go to http://www.rit.edu/~andpph/photoforum.html to check
out the latest casualties.