Re: [AT-L] Campfires and Air Pollution

In a message dated 96-09-24 13:29:40 EDT, michaelv@leconte.com (Michael)
writes:

<<
 First of all, I enjoy a campfire as much as anyone. A well-built fire
does something to you on a very deep level - the feeling of safety
around a fire, warmth, letting your imagination wander while watching
the blaze, etc. It IS enjoyable. But.. even though I enjoy sitting
around a fire in camp, I have made a conscious decision to forego this
pleasure because I have learned about the consequences that building a
fire whenever I make camp has on the environment.  .........

I treasure the fond memories of campfires past, the camaraderie enjoyed as a
teenage boyscout  sitting around a campfire in the wilderness.  Some of my
most vivid memories are of the faces of my chilhood friends sitting around a
campfire, with the fire light flickering across their faces.
OK, so that was 25 years ago, but the memories are still strong.  As an
adult, I enjoy the feeling that washes over me as I sit around a campfire, as
strongly as I did as a child.  I will never forego the pleasure of sitting
around a campfire enjoying good friends and good times, but I will limit my
experiences to 1 or 2 times a year.

You knew this was coming didn't you?

So (You knew this was coming didn't you?), See you all at the Gathering!!
 I'll meet you after the Contra dance Saturday night around the ALDHA
campfire...

Russ
TrailAT@aol.com
GA->ME 00