Re: [AT-L] Re: [AT-L] Re: down & going tentless

> My Slumberjack bivy has held up well here in the East.  Even in some
> pretty terrific rainstorms.  Maybe I'm just lucky.  However, how have you
> been able to overcome the amount of moisture that builds up in the inside?
>
> I always feel that I'm in a steam bath.  Luckily, my sleeping bag is water
> resistant.  So, it's not the biggest deal.  However, I still wake up
> feeling a bit clammy.  I've been told this phenomena is common amongst all
> bivys...inexpensive and expensive.
>
> Anybody have any evidence to the contrary?  If so, I'd love to know so, I
> can replace the ol' Slumberjack.  It works...but it sure "ain't" comfy.

I have used the Slumberjack, and if you get the summer version, with
more netting you get less condensation.  The summer version has about
100% more netting and allows the moisture to escape.  As for really
wet weather I bought a Walrus 1 1/2 man tent ( believe it is a
Swift.)  Works great in wet weather and weighs only 3.8 lbs.  Held up
 in driving rain that turned to wet snow then ice.

Rich