Re: [AT-L] Re: lost hiker in SNP

On Tue, 24 Sep 1996, Peter H. Fornof wrote:

> Raven cawed:
>
> >I asked a ranger this weekend - they still haven't found him. He said he
> >saw an article in the Washington Post about the FBI/CIA is looking for
> >him, too now. When I told him about the fake his own death sceme, he
> >smiled and said, "maybe, but we still gotta look for him"
>

> This is a very interesting story. Spies on the AT! The Washington Post
{snip}
>  This is when he bought camping supplies,
> ammunition, and a handgun and disappeared into Shenandoah. One person in the
> article speculated that he "could be in Russia by now".

Wait a minute - I knew about the plans to extend the AT into Canada, but
Russia??
Besides, if he had been reading his AT-L, like all good thru-hikers
should, he would have known that guns are waaay to heavy to bring into
the woods! Don't worry - he won't get far on foot
;-)

-jeff

Jeff Mosenkis,
University at Albany -                 Telecommunications Department-
Psych, Anthro, Judaic Studies                  "IP Slave"

jm1360@cnsvax.albany.edu

"Welcome to the psychotherapy hotline.  If you are obsessive-compulsive,
please press '1' repeatedly.  If you are co-dependant, please have someone
else press '2' for you.  If you have multiple-personality disorder, please
press '4', '5', and '6'.  If you are paranoid, don't press anything, we know
where you are and what you want."