Re: [AT-L] Scouting ?!

Sandy, I think you should call the Girl Scout Council and question them
about the outdoor training session you attended.  Most councils have written
outlines for all training and they should be willing to share this with you.
.  My gut response is that this outdoor trainer may have 'written' her/his
own.  If she/he didn't,  then perhaps you would be willing to help this
council get proper guidelines written.

Most GS councils don't even allow or at least strongly recommend that
Brownies camp outside of established areas.  I am not familiar with a
council that does not endorse  all policies you suggest ie: leaving no
trace, fires only in established areas.   I speak as a former outdoor
trainer for an  Alabama council,  director of a GS resident camp for 7 years
and later Adult Services Training Director for the council. .

Nan