Re: Help me pack for my first longish solo trip

Jim Mayer wrote:

> Ok,
> what kinds of things could I do?  Where would the seven pounds come from?
> Or is this about as light as I can expect to get carrying everything myself?

Hi Jim,
You have to carry what you feel comfortable with, but if the pack was
mine I would eliminate the following:

6       y               6    Suspenders
12      y               12   midweight long underwear top
3       y               3    midweight fleece balaclava
10      y               10   long gaiters (OR Crocodiles)
 1       y               1    whistle, "dog tag", little knife
25      y       1       9    first aid kit (mine's only a couple oz)
3       y               3    baby wipes    @@
2       y               2    wash & dry things   @@
2       y               2    foot powder
1       y               1    kleenex & "cat crap" anti-fog stuff
0       y               0    spare spoon
2       y               2    fire kit (fire sticks, candle, matches)
2       y               2    spare batteries
1       y               1    iodine tablets
1       y               1    cable ties, paper clips, safety pins
3       y               3    30' parachute cord (take 20)
2       y               2    flare & smoke
0.5      y               1    surveyors tape
 5       y               5    Sunglasses & spare glasses (3 pr) %%
 5       y               5    Contact lens stuff  %%
 6       y               6    pack rain cover
 5       y               5    ensolite sitpad
 1       y               1    pencil & notepad
8       y               8    binoculars & case
2       y               2    spare battery for camera &&

Well, that's about it.

travel lite

bob