Bikers on hiking trails

I probably wouldn't mind you riding on my trail, Pete.  However, many bikers
around the DC area bike like they drive--aggressive, hostile, unconcerned
about anyone else.  I will no longer walk on the C&O Canal within 30 miles of
DC because the cyclists make it dangerous.  I've also seen many of them on
steep & narrow "hiker only" trails in Rock Creek Park (DC).  They don't care
what the signs say.  If I have my choice I like to hike where bikes & horses
aren't allowed, and well away from this metropolitan area.

Marty