Re: [AT-L] Re: [AT-L] Re: Hiking pole holes

In a message dated 96-09-15 19:02:06 EDT, rhihn@skidmore.EDU (richard hihn)
writes:

<<  If the holes bother you, what about footprints? >>

I am employed as a critic, so of course I would notice holes.  Actually they
aren't something that *really* annoys me.  I also notice the footprints.  I
am a stumbler, so I often look at the trail.  Seems everytime I look up I
will stumble.  Any solution to learning to lift ones feet higher without lots
of extra effort?

As far as enjoying the trail, I am sure I notice more things around me than
my hiking partner (husband).  I can recall exact locations of things whereas
he is clueless.  (As I said......I am a critic and quite analytical.)  My
love of nature far surpasses the holes and the footprints.

Alice
IL Fltlndr@aol.com