Re: [AT-L] Re: [AT-L] mountain biking & the trails

Anyone who thinks mtn bikes and horses should be let on the AT; hike the
approach trail to the ridge in the smokeys.  It's full of horse shit and
is wide as a road.  Much of the trail cannot take the heavy erosion and
weight from horses and mtn bikes errode large ruts.  I mtn bike too, but
I would never dream of riding on the AT.  If someone doesn't understand
this, prehaps they should take an extended hike on the AT.  I saw a lot
of atitudes change on my hike.  :)