Re: [AT-L] mountain biking & the trails

Just a reminder, that no matter which side of this issue you are on
mountain bikes are NOT allowed anywhere on the AT (well almost) by
Federal regulation.  The only mountain bike exception I know of is the
C&O Canal path.

Horses are not allowed either except in two place that I know of,
Smokies and Canada Hill (just north of Bear Mt.  Bridge in NY).

There are other places where almost everything is allowed, e.g. road
walks (not too many of those left at this point).

Other anomolies exist as well, e.g. heavy density of baby strollers
in the Bear Mt. Zoo.