Re: [AT-L] Re: Hiking pole holes

On Sun, 15 Sep 1996 ILFltlndr@aol.com wrote:

> Okay.....I gotta say it. Quite often when I am hiking and staring down at the
> trail so I don't trip and break a leg, I see the holes from the hiking poles,
> etc. I find that they take away from my "experience" because I feel like
> someone just walked by there a few minutes ago.....bye, bye wilderness.  Ha!

Alice,

What I notice isn't holes from hiking poles but rocks kicked up from an
earlier hiker - or boot treads - and unfortunately, bits of trash (which
I pick up). I guess if you look hard enough you'll find some trace of others.

			Milt Webb, IQ Software Corp.

		Some people drink from the fountain of life,
			while others just rinse and spit.
			       -- anonymous