Re: [AT-L] I'm back

In a message dated 96-09-14 15:56:01 EDT, danieljg@owlnet.rice.edu (Dan
Grossman) writes:

<< I'd be happy to share with MY hike with everyone.  What obviously
 separates me from the traditional thru-hikers is that I intended from the
 start to split my trip into 2 summers.  (Those pesky academic
 schedules!)  I do not regret this decision at all and in fact I think
 there are many advantages: >>

I know that I'd sure like to hear about your hike, Dan.  Being a section
hiker (so far) I have enjoyed the advantages you mention and often wonder if
it isn't the best way to really enjoy the people on the trail, etc.  Yet, I
know there is something I am missing by not being with the "thru-hiking
community".

Alice
IL Fltlndr@aol.com