Re: [AT-L] Re: [AT-L] Re: [AT-L] Hiking chat room?

>In a message dated 96-09-13 07:14:14 EDT, AT1996@aol.com writes:
>
><< There is a hiking chat room, but the only one I know about is in the
> Backpacker Mag online on AOL.  I will be the guest host there Monday, Sept.
> 16.  Frank Logue is the host and the topics vary.  Right now many are
> discussing the ADT.  Gail/Gutsy  >>
>
>As far as I know it is just for us AOL subscribers, which I am.  Last night I
>talked to a person who is going to be subscribing to this list soon
>(WLee708352).  He hadn't heard of it, so I helped spread the word!  :-)  I do
>wish we all could "chat" though without the long delay time, yet it is more
>organized this way instead of trying to talk with 12 people at once.  Not
>being computer literate really, I don't know the solution.

The solution is easy.  Chat on the IRC at a given day/night and time.
EVERYONE -- including aolers could then access it.  (AOL costs are too
prohibitive.)

UNION -- YES!
MEMBER PHILADELPHIA FEDERATION OF TEACHERS
LOCAL 3 -- AMERICAN FEDERATION OF TEACHERS
University of Pennsylvania?    YUCK!