Boots w/ narrow heel

Does anyone know of a good hiking boot that would have a narrow heel?  When
I hiked th trail in '95, I used a pair of Fabiano Rio's for the first 1000
miles - they felt pretty good, but still a bit wide in the heel - plenty of
room in the forefoot.  Then I hiked in a pair of Merrell McKinley's, which
still had too much room in the heel.  I wear orthotics and when you put the
orthotic in the boot, there is about a 1/2" of space on the side of it in
the heel area.  I think my left heel tends to slip off the orthotic a bit
and I end up getting a badly bruised heel.  Any suggestions?? (I put heel
cups, pads, etc. in the boots - helped some, but didn't fix the problem.)

Thanks!

Mark and Janet Holmes
Full Moon and Celestial Spirit (Ga-Me '95)
Fox Hill Inn - Innkeepers
VA 16
Troutdale,VA  ( 4 miles from Dickey Gap on the AT)
AT Hiker stopping point in the Grayson Highlands!
540-677-3313 or 1-800-874-3313 (for reservations)
email - mholmes@netva.com