Re: [AT-L] Re: [AT-L] Re: [AT-L] boots & pads

At 12:11 PM 9/12/96 -0500, you wrote:

>Take the D.A.M. thing.  I have the Thermarest Ultralite II which I used on the
>PCT earlier this year and I loved it.  I would never think of carrying any
>inflatable sleeping pad on the outside of my pack, anyway.  Especially on the
>PCT in southern CA.  So, maybe their warning is just making a common sense
>statement.

Thought I would throw in my 2 cents worth.  I carried the Ultralite for most
of my thruhike - found it quite comfortable - carried it on the outside of
my Dana pack the whole way - no problems - and I fell more than once or
twice.  What's the problem with carrying it on the outside of one's pack?
Also had no durability problems with it. Interesting how everyone has such
different experiences with the same gear.

Mark and Janet Holmes
Full Moon and Celestial Spirit (Ga-Me '95)
Fox Hill Inn - Innkeepers
VA 16
Troutdale,VA  ( 4 miles from Dickey Gap on the AT)
AT Hiker stopping point in the Grayson Highlands!
540-677-3313 or 1-800-874-3313 (for reservations)
email - mholmes@netva.com