Re: [AT-L] Re: [AT-L] Re: [AT-L] Re: [AT-L] Re: [AT-L] Sweetwater Guardian vs. Pur Hiker

MtnTopper@aol.com wrote:

> I have a pur scout. I simply clean the filter when it gets clogged. No need
> to replace it
> every time it stops up. Depending on how dirty the water is how fast

  Trust me I followed the maint procedures for both filters to the
letter.  We even went so far (when we new the water had a lot of silt in
it) to filter the water to remove some of the silt and dirt before using
the filter.  I have had nothing but problems with PUR filters. A friedn
of mine that hiked with an msr has had none.  He is the only person I
have seen with a MSR filter and the only person I have seen that didn't
complain about the filter that he was using clogging. Everyone I have
passed on the trail that carried a PUR or Sweetwater filter had problems
with them clogging. (maybe 15 or 20 people).  Since he was the only
person I have known to use an MSR I was wondering if anyone else had
used the filter.  I will not use a PUR or sweetwater filter.

--
Dwayne
drichff@interpath.com

NC Firefighter II/NC EMT-Defib/NC HAZMAT Operations/ NC Basic Rescue
Tech
Ham Operator KC4ADW  QRP-L#336
"Strive For Perfection Settle for Excellence"