RE: [AT-L] Re: [AT-L] Re: [AT-L] Walking Sticks vs Ski Poles

I wanted to add that I use a set of trekker poles. When taking on steep
trails, whether up or down, they give you that balanced support. I heard
John Vehman say in one of his Trailside shows, that carrying a full pack
over a ten mile stretch, the balanced support of the poles reduce over 1000
pounds of stress on your knees. Now I'll still use my walking stick when I'm
leading Cub Scouts, because it tells a story they like to hear. They find
their own sticks and carve away. But on long personal satisfaction hikes,
I'll use my trekker poles.

Please reply, if you wish.

Edward S. LaVine                                        GridNet
international
Sales Order Administration                         http://www.gridnet.com
Quality Customer Service
770.518.5351                                                   "If it is to
be,
770.998.9096.fax                                                 it is up to
me"
elavine@gridnet.com