Boot & Sleeping Pad ?

It seems that everyone is agreed that your foot will grow while on the trail
so what did everyone do for their backup pair of boots- those of you who had
a backup?  I had planned on having another pair of boots broken in and
available to be mail dropped, but I don't see how if my feet will grow "x"
amount.  How did everyone resolve this issue?
Also haven't seen much discussion on sleeping pads.  I plan on using my 3/4
therm-a-rest with the crazy creek chair adapter.  Anyone else use this
setup? How did the pad hold up for six months straight and is the chair
piece worth the extra pound it adds?  Thanks.
Jason
GA > ME '97
"Do what you dream"
"The meaning of life is that it stops"