Re: [AT-L] Re: [AT-L] Re: [AT-L] I'm baaaaaack.... :)

At 04:51 PM 9/5/96 -0500,Cindiwrote:

>Have you done your thu-hike yet or are you planning one?

1990intended Ga- ME Thru Hike aborted at Caledonia SP in PA due to Hernia
which became apparant in Shenandoah NP. rejoined partners IN Ver and felled
in eastern VER by illiotibial Band Disorder. I have returned to section hike
and am back to Hanover NH. This year was disaster as that same Eastern
Vermont produced severe Knee problems again on the descents. I thought it
was advancing age and need for orthotics maybe. Podiatrist said that root
cause was not foot related but sloth in interval since last hike Yes it was
true that I had not kept up with aerobics and Hooverball and Tennis and
other such exertions that kept AC and PC tendons in good working order. They
yelped very strongly so I am undertaking a return to aerobics etc ( you'd
think that telemarking all winter would keep those puppies snappy but not
so). Figure on finishing in 2000 so I can get on to other endeavors like the
shore to shore across the Yorkshire Dales. Dr Dolittle